Vacant position in ABB: Support & Service Engineer – Marine & Ports Operations
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Application Deadline: 30.11.2019
Location: ABB Marine & Ports is located at Billingstad in Asker today, but will be moving office to Fornebu in early 2020. This position will therefore be based at Fornebu when not traveling.
For any questions regarding the position please contact Ajla Vejzovic on email: [email protected] or phone +47 92454001
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.ABB Marine Norway is expanding our team with new positions in our Service Operations Team.We are looking for professionals within several main disciplines likes MV/LV Frequency Converters, MV-Switchboard, DC-Distribution as well as Automation and Digitalization.
In office work:
- Technical Support on ABB Marine delivered systems to vessels sailing worldwide.
- LV and MV Electrical Propulsion systems.
- ABB Frequency Drives systems.
- ABB Power systems.
- ABB Automation systems.
- Member of ABB Marine Global Technical Support Team
- Performing Remote Diagnostic Services
- Rotationally on 24/7 Supportline.
- Engineering of small to medium retrofit solutions.
- Electrical and/or Automation.
- A-Z project follow up. (Engineering – Testing Commissioning – Customer handover).
- Establish maintenance routines.
- Follow up of core product lifecycle.
On site work:
- Site Surveys
- Planned Maintenance and On-Call Service tasks worldwide.
- Member of a Team executing planned maintenance task on ABB equipment in Marine
- On site troubleshooting and repairs.
- In these positions, we seek candidates with already proven competence in ABB systems such as MV SWBD (Rem/Ref/Relion series), ACS6000, ACS800 or 800xA automation
- College / University (Bachelor) / Technical College.
- Willingness and possibilities to travel on short notice.
- Experience with electrical power and/or Automation systems onboard ships.
- Ship Electrician or have experience from shipyards, understanding and interest in marine installations.
- Must be fluent in both written and verbal English.
- The ability to understand and find practical solutions to problems.
- Initiative and cooperative, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure.
- Good understanding of marine systems.
More about us
As your employer, ABB can offer:
- Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment.
- Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers.
- Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization with future career opportunities.
- Professional growth.
- Various company benefits.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.