Vacant position in ABB: Service engineer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Based on 120 years of experience in building motors and generators, ABB provide services that operators add value and optimize cost of ownership. We take the time to understand our customers and their service priorities. Some need fast repairs to fix problems when they arise, others carry out preventive maintenance to minimize stoppages, and still others focus on getting maximum efficiency through optimization.
- Motion Drives Service has primary responsibility to ensure the service needs of all drives products from Division Motion.
- The work consists of service work at customer’s site on frequency converters – commissioning, fault tracing, preventive maintenance, retrofits and repairs –, phone support and on-duty call. MO Service serves customers both onshore and offshore. Some international customers are also in our portfolio.
- College / University (Bachelor in electrical engineering) / Technical College Candidates with a technical college, complete with a certificate of apprenticeship in the electrical will be considered on par with college graduates.
- Must be fluent in both written and verbal English and Norwegian
- We encourage newly educated candidates to apply
- Personal qualities:
- Technical interest and understanding
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under stress and short deadlines, and to keep good control of many tasks simultaneously
- Good communication skills - must be able to motivate and create good team spirit.
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of frequency converters will be considered a merit, but is not a requirement. Experience from electrical installations and fault tracing is wished for.
More about us
- A positive, exciting and fast paced environment
- Administrative and technical challenges in an exciting market segment• Comfortable and good working conditions, with casual and good contact between employees and managers at all levels
- Personal development and career opportunities
- A youthful and innovative environment
Application-deadline; 05.01.2020We look forward to receiving your motivational letter and CV via the ABB portal.Please note that in cooperation with Meditor search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.