Vacant position in ABB: Service Engineer – Marine & Ports Operations
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.ABB Marine Norway is expanding our team with a new position for Service and Commissioning of LV Drives, Energy Storage and DC-Grid systems in marine applications worldwide.
- Commissioning of ABB Marine delivered Drives, Energy Storage, DC-grid and/or Automation system worldwide.
- Service, Maintenance and Support on ABB Marine delivered systems on vessels worldwide.
- College / University (Bachelor) / Technical College.
- Willingness and possibilities to travel.
- Experience with electrical power and/or Automation systems onboard ships.
- Ship Electrician or have experience from shipyards, understanding and interest in marine installations.
- Must be fluent in both written and verbal English.
- The ability to understand and find practical solutions to problems.
- Initiative and cooperative, ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform tasks under pressure.
- Good understanding of marine systems.
More about us
As your employer, ABB can offer:
- Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment.
- Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers.
- Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization with future career opportunities.
- Professional growth.
- Various company benefits.
We encourage graduates to apply.
We are looking forward to receiving your applicationletter and CV through the ABB jobportal.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.