Vacant position in ABB: Senior Buyer
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The position is located in Oslo.
We are looking forward to receiving your Apllication and CV through the ABB jobportal. Application-deadline: 15.01.2020
If you have any questions, please contact:Ole Robert Gjessing-Johnrud, Operations Manager on phone +47 90 67 49 62 or e-mail [email protected]
The Power Grids business offers power and automation products, systems, service and software solutions across the generation, transmission and distribution value chain. The industry leading portfolio includes grid integration, transmission, distribution and automation solutions and a complete range of high-voltage products and transformers. ABB pioneered HVDC technology more than 60 years ago and is responsible for around half the world’s HVDC installed base. ABB is the world’s largest maker of transformers and a technology and market leader in high-voltage products and substation solutions, pushing voltages to record levels.
- As Senior Buyer in ABB, you will in close collaboration with our Sales and Project teams lead the Supply Chain Management in your projects from tender to project completion. You will make us competitive by actively finding the right suppliers and negotiating the best possible bid.
- You will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting project sourcing performance, define Project Procurement Rules, establish Project Procurement Plan and oversee Order Placement Deliveries for timely execution and costs.
- Other tasks include Supplier base development and risk management, Supplier Quality Issues, Claim Management and Supplier Performance Evaluation, monitoring and forecasting of cost reduction and spend.
- You will be involved in projects of varying size and scope. Our customers perform their businesses in various fields, which means that the technology used also varies.
- You as a person is business oriented with excellent negotiation skills. Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar positions.
- You are highly sociable and can create and maintain strong relations with colleagues, customers and suppliers. You are committed in your work and you have the ability to manage and structure your own time.
- Sound knowledge of project supply chain execution
- Technical, Contractual and Commercial understanding
- Analytical metrics-oriented, high motivation. Must be a collaborative team player, willing to take ownership of decisions
- Good eye for details, very organized and systematic
- Ability to communicate well and professionally with internal and external clients
- Ability to work in a team environment and under pressure
- Works independently, applying established standards and instructs or coaches others in SCM matters.
- Technical degree/Commercial degree
- Project execution experience
- Product experience/knowledge
More about us
We can offer:
- Technical and personal development in a positive and innovative environment- Various and challenging work-tasks
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge with you
- Employee Benefits (cabins and favorable employee agreements)- Good and positive working environment