Project Manager – Marine & Ports Service Retrofit
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The position is located in ABB's office in Fornebu.
For any questions regarding the position please contact Retrofit Manager Terje Olav Hauger, email: [email protected] or phone +47 95 29 13 17.
We are looking forward top receiving your application letter and CV through the ABB Jobportal.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally.
Continuing more than a 125-year history of innovation, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels.
By coupling power, automation and marine software, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.ABB Marine Norway is expanding with new positions in our Service Retrofit Team.
We are looking for professionals within Project Management who has a strong and solid technical background either from engineering or from commissioning.
- Management and responsibility for execution of Retrofit projects from handover from sales to handover to service/warranty.
- Project planning and scheduling
- Project financial and cost management
- Legal and contract management
- Project reporting internal and external
- Risk and opportunity management
- Close contact with customers (ship-owners and shipyards)
- Management of project team and sub suppliers
- HSE responsible for projects
- Travel for project meetings and follow up as required
- Projects ranging from smaller upgrades and deliveries to larger complex upgrades
- Use of ABB tools for project management and reporting
- Min. 3 years of technical education (electrical engineering and/or automation) at College / University (Bachelor)
- Min. 3 years of experience from project engineering or from commissioning
- Min. 3 years of Project management experience will be preferred
- Fluent in both written and verbal English.
- Ability to take initiatives, ownership and are self-driven and result oriented.
- Ability to motivate and lead project teams and manage both work and personnel in an efficient manner
- Service minded and good collaboration skills both towards customer and internally
- Pro-active attitude, business mindset and ability to turn challenges into opportunities
- Strong management mindset combined with solid technical background
More about us
As your employer, ABB can offer:
- Professional and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment.
- Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers.
- Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization with future career opportunities.
- Professional growth.
- Various company benefits.