Hydro: Head of Hydrogen Fuel Switch Solutions
Do you want to shape a sustainable future?
We are Hydro, a global family of 30,000 people, present in a broad range of market segments for aluminium and metal recycling, and energy and renewables, offering a unique wealth of knowledge and competence.
Apply before: 09/19/2021
Location: Oslo, NO, 0283
Entity: Hydro Energi AS
Job Type: Permanent
If you have any questions, please contact:
John Barry, Director Project Development in Hydro Hydrogen
Phone: (Norway +47) 91388493
Phone: (Norway +47) 98006451
Please enclose a cover letter and copies of relevant academic transcripts, diplomas, certificates etc.
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail.
As part of our recruitment process, we use Semac for background check.
We have a proud history and are committed to leading the way in shaping a sustainable future by developing natural resources into innovative products and solutions. In doing so, we truly believe that our people matter the most to make the difference.
Head of Hydrogen Fuel Switch Solutions
We need to move away from fossil fuels, and for the world to reach net zero emission in 2050 we need renewable hydrogen. Hydro Hydrogen, Hydro’s new renewable hydrogen company, will help drive the uptake of green hydrogen in sectors we can’t directly electrify – such as big parts of industry, long-distance transport and shipping. The EU calls hydrogen the ‘the missing part in the puzzle to a fully decarbonized economy’. We aim to be part of solving that puzzle.
We are an industrial venture with global ambitions, building on Hydro’s 115 years of experience within renewable energy and industry development to build world-leading capabilities and operational performance.
Hydrogen is only as clean as the methods used to produce it, and our hydrogen is based on hydro, solar and wind power. Together with our partners, we have access to a global network of sites with large predictable offtake and favorable power sourcing agreements.
We aim to be an early mover in the hydrogen industry and help industries succeed with their energy transition and cut emissions. If you are keen on an exciting job where you are part of tackling the key issue the world is facing, then join us!
We are now hiring our Head of Hydrogen Fuel Switch Solutions. As part of the Hydro Hydrogen Development team, you will join an industrial venture and play a pivotal part in creating a sustainable future. You bring with you a good understanding and experience of fuel switching in an industrial setting. Driving fuel switching solutions will require deep supplier and customer engagement.
Areas of Responsibility
Hydro’s hydrogen company will have the following main fuel switching interfaces:
- Development of hydrogen fuel switching solutions (primarily industrial heat) for customers inside Hydro
- Development of hydrogen fuel switching solutions for external customers in industry and transportation
- Work closely with OEMs and suppliers to develop and enable fuel switching across relevant sectors
- And as a key leaver to creating value, work closely with our strategic partners
As Head of Hydrogen Fuel Switch your main responsibilities will include:
- As part of the development management team, lead global fuel switch development in Hydro Hydrogen
- Build and manage a fuel switch team to work closely with the commercial and project business units
- Develop our strategic approach towards fuel switch technologies across the relevant sectors
- Act as the company knowledge in client related process across heat, transport, feedstock and power
- Clear internal communication with the senior management team and Hydro internal leadership
- Lead fuel switch engineering and technology development programmes
- Develop deep partner, supplier and customer engagement.
- University degree in engineering/business/industrial economics or equivalent
- Experience with fuel switch projects, gas-based systems, permitting and the gas (NG/LPG/LNG) market
- 10-years’ experience from leading roles in new energy industrial projects and business development
- Experience in either boiler, burner, steel, feedstock, or power generation fuel conversion is required
- Experience with technology development and working with suppliers to realize solutions
- Availability to travel to meet suppliers, partners and clients and to conduct site visits
- Experience with process safety is required and experience with electrolyser safety is an advantage
- Experience in fuel switching transport, such as shipping, buses or trucking is an advantage
- Operational experience with gas-based industrial installations is an advantage
- Knowledge and experience in working with hydrogen derivatives is an advantage
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Norwegian and Portuguese is an advantage
We believe that you’re a good fit for this role if you combine an analytical and structured approach with a strategic and commercial mindset. You communicate effectively to make an impact and successfully build networks and partnerships. Others perceive you as open, collaborative, and trustworthy.
What we offerThis is a unique opportunity to be part of an industrial company with global ambitions in the fast-growing renewables business. Commencement will be as soon as possible and you will join a hard-working and fun-loving team, triggered by doing their best in an international and dynamic work environment. You’ll have room to shape your own role and really make your mark on our way forward.