Equinor søker Systems Programmer
We’re Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history.
Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We’re the largest operator in Norway, one of the world’s largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we’re building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Equinor in Norwegian and international financial markets.
At Equinor we develop software for every aspect of our business and as a developer at Equinor you will have the opportunity to work with a multitude of technologies and domains. These range from simple tools that create an efficient workday, to complex systems that are essential to keep Equinor at the forefront of the energy business.
At Equinor we have built a culture centered around software craftsmanship, open source and sharing knowledge. Additionally we value security, test driven development, continuous integration/deploy and agile work methodologies.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
Job DescriptionWe are looking for junior or experienced developers to design and create tools, libraries, applications, platforms and solutions which solve the challenges the largest energy company in Norway face in the age of digitalization.
- Do you like implementing libraries and creating tools for other developers?Do you like to solve complex problems and build large systems?
- We develop a wide range of systems towards research and various business units.
- We frequently use Python, C/C++, C#, Java and NodeJS (and many others)
- Good knowledge with algorithms, mathematics or physics
- Experience with open source is a plus
- Experience with statistics, mathematics, physics, visualization [and|or] machine learning is beneficial.
- We prefer candidates with a Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent education at least at bachelor’s or master’s level. However, relevant experience may compensate for any missing degrees.
- Continuous learning and development attitude
- Innovative and creative combined with result orientation and commercialism
- Strong interest in understanding of external digital opportunities and how that can contribute to improve Equinor’s performance
- A positive “can do” attitude
- High integrity and ability to role model our values
- Ability to live by «I am safety» expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
If you are eager to innovate or learn new programming languages and new technologies we provide you with the possibility to use up to 20% of your time on innovation and competence building.
Please check our commitment to open source at GitHub.com/Equinor.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
If you have questions about the position or the process please send an email to [email protected]
Please be aware that no applications or attachments to applications will be accepted via email.
Title and discipline band will be decided based on the candidate’s experience.