Equinor søker Vetting Specialist, Marine Assurance
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history.
Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Marketing, Midstream and Processing (MMP) shall maximise corporate value creation in Equinor’s mid- and downstream business through safe, reliable and efficient operations. We are responsible for capturing the full value potential of all marketed and traded products such as crude oil, liquids and natural gas.
Equinor Vetting is an integrated part of Equinor’s Marine assurance, and has the responsibility for risk assessment of all vessels intended for use in Equinor’s business.
- Will be accredited for OCIMF SIRE inspections
- Based on performance, the candidates may be trained to perform Time Charter (TC) inspections, Ship To Ship (STS) inspections, Terminal inspections and Office audits based on ISM and OCIMF TMSA.
- Will be trained to perform Vetting/vessel screening
- Enrolment in the VTO duty roster will be required after necessary training.
- Frequent travel on- and offshore must be anticipated
- Maritime background required with experience as a deck or engine officer on tankers – fulfilling OCIMF minimum criteria for accreditation as SIRE inspector.
- Prior involvement in risk evaluation will be considered an advantage.
- Master or bachelor degree in a maritime subject.
- Maritime experience within operations will be considered as positive.
- More than 10 years of relevant experience preferred.
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- The position will require a considerable degree of independence
- The successful candidate will need an eye for details, a structured approach, good analytical skills and the ability to work on technical marine issues
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- You are hands on and result oriented
- You have a high level of integrity
- You are proficient in English, oral and written
- You are a team player, and want to take part in shaping our future
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.