Equinor søker Legal Counsel
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history.
Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
Legal (LEG) is the competence unit for all legal matters related to the Equinor group’s business areas and corporate activities and consist of legal experts, specialists, consultants, and qualified support personnel. The department has overall responsibility for advising on all legal matters and on ethics and anti-corruption compliance, undertaking Integrity Due Diligence research and acting as the Corporate Bodies’ secretariat within the Equinor group.
Legal PL&COM coordinates and handles legal matters within employment law and is responsible for privacy and data protection compliance in Equinor.
We are recruiting a lawyer to strenghten our privacy and data protection network. You will work closely with other corporate lawyers and the Data Protection Officer. As an international company you will be part of a global legal team and handle cross-boarder legal issues.
- Provide legal advice to Equinor’s business units on privacy and data protection.
- Coordinate privacy and data protection compliance initiatives in cooperation with members of our data protection network.
- Assist with and strengthen the implementation of internal (e.g. Equinor’s Binding Corporate Rules and external (GDPR and national legislation) requirements.
- Initiate and arrange training for business units and corporate functions.
- Strengthen risk management and internal control procedures related to privacy and data protection.
- Assist on legal matters related to digitalisation initiatives.
- Master of Law.
- 3-5 years relevant experience preferred (from a law firm, consultancy firm, public authority or in-house position)
- Experience from handling privacy and data protection issues and/or compliance work is preferred.
- Engagement, drive and proactive way of working.
- Positive and well organized.
- High integrity and ability to demonstrate strong focus on compliance.
- Facilitate collaboration among others, as well as ability to work independently.
- Fluent in English, written as well as spoken.
- Interest in IT and digitalisation.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.