Equinor søker LAWYER - LABOR- AND EMPLOYMENT LAW
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history.
Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Global Strategy and Business Development (GSB) business area aims to bring together corporate strategy, business development and merger and acquisition (M&A) activities to actively drive the corporate development of Equinor. GSB will set strong strategic direction and identify, develop and deliver opportunities for global growth for Equinor. This will be achieved through close collaboration across geography and business areas.
GBS HR EML is the labor- and employment law specialist unit in Equinor supporting the corporation globally on employee relations legal matters. In Norway the unit counts 13 positions. Office locations are in Oslo, Bergen and Stavanger. The unit currently has one vacancy to be filled as soon as possible.
- Advise on labor- and employment law matters as well as other adjacent legal disciplines
- Support the corporation on individual employment law cases,
- Advice on pension and data protection, union agreements and Equinor’s rules and regulations
- Participate in- and support on negotiations- and cooperation with trade unions
- Support on international and local employee and industrial relation legal matters
- Advice management on industrial relations issues
- Assist and advice on handling of International contractual and compliance issues with high complexity
- Support the businesses with legal and strategic advice for complex projects, reorganization processes, M&A etc.
- Lead litigation cases from Equinor end trough selection and management of external counsel
- Lecture and present on legal topics and cases in connection with internal educational initiatives and case presentation for decision makers
- Educational requirements:
- Master's Degree in Law- or Cand. Jur degree with strong results
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English and Norwegian
- Knowledge and experience within employment law (including collective labor law)
- Lawyer’s license (advokatbevilling) and / or experience as deputy judge (dommerfullmektig) is considered favorable
- Experience from working with strategic and legal tasks of high complexity and significant cross- or deep organizational impact
- Analytical, proactive strategic and digital mindset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- International mind-set and excellent
- Teamwork- and collaboration skills
- Ability to live by "I am safety" expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.