Equinor søker Head Of Wind Turbine Technology
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history.
Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The New Energy Solutions (NES) business area reflects Equinor’s long term goal to complement the oil and gas portfolio with profitable renewable energy and other low-carbon energy solutions. NES aims to do this with the support of Equinor’s oil and gas competence, project delivery capabilities and ability to integrate technological solutions. NES’s core activities include a growing offshore wind portfolio, a Solar taskforce, operational responsibility for the Technology Centre Mongstad Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) facility, and a portfolio of venture capital investments.
NES is organised into 5 business clusters; Ventures (VEN); Strategy and Innovation (SI); Business Development (BD); Wind and Low Carbon Development (WALC); and New Energy Operations (NEO).
As head of the department build high performing team to bring out the best ideas by empowering them and leading by example
- Building a world class competence centre within Equinor’s WTG expertise to provide significant business-impact support for future wind growth
- Ensure future-looking technical competence and guidance within both WTG and future O&M models
- An ability to apply optimal application of technology and implement lesons learned on a continuous basis
- Building strong relationships and liasing with internal and external stakeholder on an ongoing basis
- Provide technical support to screening and early phase projects
- Conduct WTG assessments and technical due diligence for new WTG developments
- Develop and execute WTG procurement strategies and business models
- Develop and maintain value-adding supplier relations throughout the project lifetime
- Provide WTG supplier market analysis
- Participate in WTG technical supplier interactions to ensure best market knowledge
- Coordination with Equinor’s R&D environment and professional disciplines in for WTG technology development
- Provide technical support to operating assets in relation to WTG’s
- University degree (Master level or higher)
- Extensive experience in working and supporting windfarms with respect to WTG deployment
- A strong external network within the wind supplier industry
- Broad and solid technical skills with very good understanding of business development, commercial and competitive landscape
- Experience with WTG product development, installation and commissioning and advantage
- Experience as leader and/or project manager
- Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- Good interpersonal skills - team work oriented across disciplines and organisational boundaries
- Ability to be hands-on and perform high quality work within tight deadlines
- Identifying and managing internal and external stakeholders
- Continuously develop sound expertise, demonstrate commercial awareness
- Be curious, work together and share experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills (with excellent command of English)
- Ability to energize and motivate people and challenge oneself and disrupt
- High level of self-autonomy and initiative
- Strong motivation for Renewable Energy
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Statoil wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
Please note that this a local position on local terms and conditions