Equinor søker Data Architect
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history.
Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide. We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Equinor in Norwegian and international financial markets.
At Equinor, we firmly believe a well-defined and scalable data architecture is a key enabler for us to maximize the value from our vast amounts of data. We are looking for Data Architects who can help us develop how we store and integrate our data across both our current IT and future cloud-based IT architecture to enable analytics at scale and ultimately fuel a data-driven Equinor. ‘Make data available, anytime, anywhere’ is part of Equinor’s digital vision.
You will have the opportunity to work with a multitude of technologies and data domains such as subsurface or industrial plant with complex systems, data and work processes to the enterprise data and information domain (collaboration & archiving systems) focused on creating an efficient workday. All domain areas are essential to keep Equinor at the forefront of the energy business.
Equinor is embarking on a digital transformation journey and has already taken a major step with establishing our Omnia data platform based on Microsoft Azure that is helping to secure efficient data availability and accessibility to enable a data driven organization. Therefore, we need to strengthen our capacity with new digital heads who have the courage, passion and creativity to push the boundaries of technology, innovation and imagination to create positive change for Equinor.
- We are looking for both experienced Data Architects or aspiring IT, Information management or business domain professionals.
- Define the principles for data acquisition, storage, enterprise data services, and data access for a range of business processes and use cases derived from digital projects.
- Develop and manage conceptual, logical and physical data models to support data visualization, data analysis, data warehouse and data science / advanced analytics and contribute to a structured Enterprise IT Architecture approach.
- Drive data architecture standardization and harmonization across business data domains.
- Define or support the definition of standards for data quality and drive data quality transparency and improvement efforts.
- Define or support the maintenance of relevant data governance policies and products (data catalogues, business criticality information inventories, Quality dashboards, etc.) to ensure data and information is easily findable and accessible to users.
- Provide guidance on master data, reference data and metadata management.
- Ensure that data and information is visualized in IT architecture models in a consistent way, including relationship to business capabilities and IT systems.
- Work and collaborate closely with other data & IT architects, data scientists, software & data engineers, data stewards and business subject matter experts both across the business areas in the company and in external standardization forum.
- In depth knowledge of how to integrate and/or exposing data across IT systems; including master data management.
- Good knowledge of energy business data or enterprise data domains and related data sources.
- Knowledge, experience and interest for data management, modeling data and information flow across the enterprise in architecture models.
- Have an interest for understanding the business perspectives and how data can bring value and competitive advantage for Equinor.
- Familiar with data types and external standards in the energy industry.
- Familiar with data storage technologies (preferably cloud for data storage and integration).
- Experience with ETL, data integration and database technologies especially SQL, and protocols such as OPC, OPC UA, WITSML, PRODML and standard ISA95 is an advantage.
- Bachelor or Master's degree is preferred. Relevant experience may compensate for formal qualifications.
- You are curious and like challenges.
- You are forward leaning and proactive.
- You are enthusiastic, a strong team player, and you see the value of sharing your knowledge.
- You have an analytical mindset.
- You have strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations.
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.