Equinor søker Computer Engineer
We're Equinor, an international energy company with a proud history. Formerly Statoil, we are 20,000 committed colleagues developing oil, gas, wind and solar energy in more than 30 countries worldwide.
- We're the largest operator in Norway, among the world's largest offshore operators, and a growing force in renewables. Driven by our Nordic urge to explore beyond the horizon, and our dedication to safety, equality and sustainability, we're building a global business on our values and the energy needs of the future.
The Chief Financial Officer’s (CFO) organisation is a driving force behind the creation of greater value in the company. We are responsible for the financial and legal functions, providing professional support and advice, and for representing the group in financial markets. A key task for us is to ensure high levels of ethical and financial compliance with corporate and external requirements. By means of active stakeholder management, CFO will manage the market perception of Equinor in Norwegian and international financial markets.
To achieve our ambitions as a sustainable and innovative organization, Equinor has launched a company-wide digital roadmap which will also accelerate value creation from technology. Equinor’s goal is to be a digital leader within our core operations. Digital technologies will improve safety, reduce the carbon footprint from our operations and enable new business models.
We use technology such as cloud computing and microservice architectures, application of advanced analytical algorithms within machine learning, deep learning and artificial intelligence and we need your passion and courage to drive this area of the business further.
We have one of Norway's most exciting IT organizations and we are looking for both established professionals and young talents with Computer Science / Computer Engineering background. The IT organization has an exciting and important role securing, evolving and maintaining our complex IT infrastructure, and drive our journey to the cloud.
This ad is part of an ongoing recruitment. Applications will be looked into and handled on a continuous basis.
As part of IT in Equinor we are building agile/cross functional teams and DevOps culture with responsibilities shown below:
- Maintain functional expertise on the latest security, networking, telephony and telecommunication, compute, storage, database, remote computing, virtualization and cloud technologies including surrounding industry best practices.
- Provide security domain expertise (zero trust) and perform security evaluations on new platforms, products, architectures, vendors, and services.
- Deliver technology advisory and implementation services both on-premises and in cloud.
- Focus on increased levels of automation and self-service across our services.
- Provide hands on infrastructure system administration & troubleshooting expertise as needed.
- Take part in the full lifecycle in and across agile teams, including design, development, testing, implementation, and support of technical solutions.
- We are looking for resources with skills in one or more of these areas:
- Experience in securing enterprise IT environments
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with design, implementation and operation with one or more of the following areas; networking, mobile connectivity (IOT), telephony and telecommunication, compute, storage, database, remote computing, virtualization or cloud
- Good understanding and experience with cloud infrastructure in Azure and AWS
- Knowledge and experience within Linux and Windows OS administration and functionality
- Documented experience with design, documentation, and implementation of enterprise scale Linux and Windows solutions
- Knowledge and experience within HPC (high performance computing) communication, protocols and authentication used for delivery of enterprise HPC services
- Solid experience in scripting and software development with focus on self-service and automation
- Language: English and / or Norwegian
- We prefer candidates with a Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent education at least at bachelor’s or master’s level. However, relevant experience may compensate for any missing degrees.
- Ability to understand and manage a modern complex IT infrastructure, applications and services
- Good abilities to communicate both verbally and in writing technical language to non-technical clients
- Analytical skills, innovative and creative combined with result orientation and commercialism
- Continuous learning and development attitude. Interested in keeping up to date on relevant new technologies and trends
- Interest in understanding of external digital opportunities and how that can contribute to improve Equinor’s performance
- Dynamic and flexible with a positive “can do” attitude
- Team player with the ability to work individually and in teams
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
We offer competitive salaries, a general bonus scheme, good pension and insurance schemes and a comprehensive welfare package. Equinor wants to ensure diversity in terms of gender, age and culture.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Statoil. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team. Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.