ABB søker R&D Product Manager, Power & Energy Management System
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
For any questions regarding the position please contact Jan-Fredrik Hansen on email [email protected] or phone +47 22872627
Application Deadline: 04.12.2019
ABB Marine & Ports is located at Billingstad in Asker today, but will be moving office to Fornebu in early 2020. This position will therefore be based at Fornebu.
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 147,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a R&D Product Manager, Power & Energy Management System at ABB AS, Marine & Ports business line in Billingstad, Oslo, Norway. Electric propulsion, AC or DC distribution, energy storage systems and new renewable energy sources for different vessel types are part of ABB’s offering to the marine industry. In this position, your responsibility is to lead the development of new features and maintenance of existing features of power and energy management systems, with a team of R&D engineers and in-line with product roadmap.This role reports to global PG Technology/R&D management, PG Electric Solutions and PG Automation and Control. We offer you an interesting and challenging role in an international and dynamic working environment in the marine industry. In this role, you have the opportunity to become an expert in energy management, as well as the opportunity to develop your career in a global company.
- Building a technology portfolio for power and energy management systems in collaboration with product management.
- Managing the development and taking ownership of relevant technology and solutions.
- Managing the R&D releases, hereunder documentation and testing.
- Mapping product technical requirements for different vessel types and operations.
- Building and developing relationships with key stakeholders from global units.
- Communicating the R&D roadmap and plans to key functional stakeholders (product management, sales, operation, service)
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in electrical and/or control engineering or similar.
- A few years of work experience related to control of electrical power systems.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Ability to analyze and propose solutions
- Business and customer orientation
- Willingness to take ownership and responsibility
- Excellent English skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ideally, you have prior knowledge of power and energy management systems
- Experience working in an international environment and specific local requirements is an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
As your employer, ABB can offer:
- Technical and personal challenges in a positive and innovative environment.•
- Informal and good work relations between co-workers and managers.
- Positive and exciting work environment in a global organization with future career opportunities.
- Professional growth.
- Various company benefits.
We are looking forward to receiving your applicationletter and CV through the ABB jobportal by 04.12.2019For any questions regarding the position please contact Jan-Fredrik Hansen on email [email protected] or phone +47 22872627Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.