ABB søker Project Lead Engineer
ABB is a supplier of solutions for increased productivity and energy efficiency.
e-mail: [email protected]
mobile phone: +47 95 291 491
Arbeidssted: Oslo og Stavanger
Stillingstittel: Project Lead Engineer
Stillingsbrøk: 100 %
ABB Industrial Automation provide safety and automation systems, IT-solutions, drives and electrical systems, telecommunication systems and instrumentation to onshore and offshore installations. We deliver solutions to a wide variety of industries e.g. aluminium, cement, chemical, food and beverage, life sciences, metal, mining, oil & gas, power generation and pulp & paper. ABB’s Industrial Automation-operations in Norway are located in Oslo, Bergen, Stavanger, Hammerfest and Stord. Are you ready to challenge yourself and work as Lead engineer for some of the most complex digital and energy systems facing a wide range of applications? We are looking for result-oriented, enthusiastic and outgoing studies Lead engineer with people skills. To join us you need business commitment, integrity, a global mindset and the desire to make a difference.
We are offering two positions as Lead engineer at ABB AS, within the business unit IAEN – Industrial Automation Energy Industries in Norway.
You will be part of the electrification, automation, telecom and digital studies team, lead consultancy and front-end studies and contribute in opportunity projects. Developing new business opportunities and contribute to the growth of our Energy Industries portfolio in a transforming market, will be an important part of your assignment.
Position IAEN as the preferred supplier within New Projects and Major modifications, providing safe and reliable solutions to offshore installations, including Aqua and Wind, and onshore worldwide.
Lead front-end consultancy tasks and studies engineering in the project development phase for our customers, in close cooperation with the local and global projects and services execution organization, ABB factories and suppliers, will be an essential part of the role.
You should be able to take the lead, with focus on team effort and maintain compliance with integrity, HSE and corporate standards.
A good understanding of evaluations for investment and strategic decisions, feasibility and concept screening and selection studies, cost estimation, design engineering and the customer challenges are valued skills as well as a genuine interest for the energy and offshore market.
As a Lead engineer you will take a central role in our Studies engineering services to support Customers in determining the most technically appropriate and cost-effective solutions, prepare and present the resulting analysis and position ABB as a preferred partner in the new digital world for energy future.
Main objectives and tasks:
• Position ABB as preferred supplier and project Lifecycle partner
• Lead and manage consultancy engagements and studies of medium complexity
• Support Account management and Market development in activities
• Participate in continuous improvement of processes and tools to enhance engineering effectiveness
• Develop external relationships and represent ABB in marketing digital and energy industry
• Create work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility
• Form and lead study teams on project basis, and provide technical guidance to colleagues, to deliver assignments
• Involve ABB factories and Suppliers to secure good cooperation and beneficial business models
• Some traveling, national and international
You hold relevant M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree and have project engineering management, consultancy or business-to-business segment sales experience, and good customer understanding, preferably in the oil and gas sector. We also see the right candidate having good leadership skills. You have a systematic and independent way of working, be able to lead and enjoy working with teams. It is an advantage with good marked knowledge of the oil and gas business and renewable market.
This job requires good communication and motivation skills as well as an ability to manage heavy workload. You have fluent skills in both written and spoken Norwegian (Scandinavian) and English.
• Structured and pragmatic
• Results oriented
• Positive and opportunistic
• Self-starter and proactive, takes ownership
• Establishes good working relationships
• Good communication skills
• Customer orientation
• Initiative and ability to cooperate, and to work independently and as part of larger organization
• Ability to perform tasks in an orderly and systematic manner
• Focus on safety and ethics
We can offer:
• A job in a profiled technological company with international business
• Excellent possibilities to learn and develop new skills
• Various and challenging work-task
• Flexible working conditions and a large degree of responsibility
• Competitive conditions
• Great colleagues who are eager to share their knowledge with you
• Employee benefits (cabins and favorable employee agreements)
• Fun at work
The positions are located at ABB’s office in Oslo and Stavanger.
We are looking forward to receiving your application through the ABB job portal.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor Search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in ABB Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with ABBs company policy.